Booking Terms and Conditions
Making your booking and payment : –
The first named person on you booking will be the “party leader”. The party leader must be at least 18 years old at the date the booking is made. The party leader must be authorised to make the booking by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. By making a booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised.
The party leader is responsible for making all payments due. By asking us to confirm your booking, the party leader confirms that he/she and all persons named on the booking have read, understand and agree to these booking conditions.
A booking reference Hold must be obtained before flights are booked. A conversation indicating availability does not constitute a reservation. No responsibility will be accepted by Villasun.net for a property not being available upon re-contact without a reference on email from ourselves.
Obtaining a booking reference will allow you a 3 day window in the knowledge the villa is on hold for you to arrange flights, you can of course book a villa without flights. Once a villa reference is issued the deposit payment is required to confirm the booking on your part by the end of this first 3 day period. Please afford us the courtesy because this is a no obligation booking on your part that if the villa is not required contact is made allowing us to return the availability back to our calendar. A simple email will suffice we do not require an inquest.
We understand a booking for larger numbers of people would require a longer “Hold” period please inquire.
The following payment schedule will apply to all bookings:-
- Staged deposits, 20% of the booking total within 3 working days of the booking reference being issued.
- Second deposit, a further 30% of the booking total 13 weeks before departure.
- The balance of 50% of the booking total 28 days before departure.
- If the booking is within 4 to 13 weeks of departure 50% of the booking total is due same day. Then schedule 3 above will apply.
- If the booking is within 28 days of departure 100% of the booking total is due same day.
Please note if any of the above payment schedules are missed it will be deemed you have cancelled your booking and all monies paid to date will be forfeit in lieu of administration charges and re-advertising of your property.
In the acceptance of a villa booking and in the light of the global Covid pandemic and Brexit we cannot emphasise the importance of quality travel insurance for any and all eventualities and require you to read the following from our web site. HOLIDAY INSURANCE
The properties available on this web site are not covered under any type of travel industry bonding.
You the party leader agree to take out an appropriate holiday insurance policy along with all the party members. We insist you inform your insurers the villa is an independent type booking and your policy must fully reflect this in your cover.
Booking Amendments : –
Once a booking reference is issued the number of guests for a villa booking can be amended upward but is subject to villa availability, the minimum & maximum villa numbers from the original villa property and the current advertised web site price on the date of request. Transfer to a smaller villa is entirely dependent on availability. Guest numbers cannot be increased beyond our declared insurance occupancy guest numbers in any villa.
- If at the date of your request to change, it is more than 13 weeks prior to your original departure date, to move your booking to a different date a fee of 10% of the original booking total will be made to amend a booking. Any balance on your monies paid will be transferred to the new booking as a non transferable credit, a new payment schedule for the new booking will be issued.
- If at the date of your request to change, it is within the 13 weeks prior to your original departure date but not yet at the 4 week pre-departure point, to move your booking to a different date a fee of 35% of the original booking total will be made to amend a booking. Any balance on your monies paid will be transferred to the new booking as a non transferable credit, a new payment schedule for the new booking will be issued.
- If at the date of your request to change, it is within the 4 weeks prior to your UK departure date, and there is no legal lockdown in force that covers your UK departure date to move your booking to a different date a fee of 65% of the original booking total will be made to amend a booking. Any balance on your monies paid will be transferred to the new booking as a non transferable credit, a new payment schedule for the new booking will be issued.
Any date amendments are subject to villa availability and the current web site pricing. We do not offer a voucher system, all new dates must be confirmed at the time of any amendments.
Holiday Insurance Cover : –
In acceptance of the booking offer from Villasun.net you have agreed to have in place comprehensive travel insurance covering the circumstances described in these booking Terms & Conditions but not limited to and have read our holiday insurance advice on the following link. HOLIDAY INSURANCE
Your insurance policy taken out at the time of booking must cover the following but not limited to: –
- A travel ban being imposed because of Pandemic, Natural Disaster, War or Civil Unrest, Terrorism, Industrial action.
- Your whole party or any individuals legally being prevented from travel.
- The UK and/or your destination Government imposing travel bans
- The UK FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) or any other similar international government or body issuing retrospective advice “Not to travel”
- Your travel policy must cover for all party members “Travel Disruption”, “End Supplier Failure” and “Full Health Cover”
Specific Pandemic Clauses :-
In the event of travel restriction being declared by the UK and or the Canaries/Spanish governments relating to the Canary Islands the following terms will apply.
- If prior to the 4 week point before departure and you have disinclination to travel we would advise to amend your booking under the above “Date Amendments”, sections 1 & 2.
- If within the 4 week departure period the UK and or the Canaries/Spanish governments declare a state of emergency legally preventing travel that covers your departure/UK return dates. All monies paid up to this point can be transferred to a similar booking without fee. The web site price rate current at that moment will apply.
- If travel between the UK and Lanzarote is legally open and a traffic light system is in place/introduced or similar regulation that requires quarantine/isolation and or specific health test/vaccination level for your departure/UK return and you pay/have paid the final 50% of your booking. If you or any member of your party decide not to travel this will be treated as a cancellation or part cancellation of the booking and client disinclination to travel. If an insurance claim is not possible we would advise to amend your booking under the above “Date Amendments” section 3.
- Pre UK departure tests, if you or any member of your holiday party fail a required pre-departure Covid/SARS or related health test preventing your departure under laws and rules being imposed from governments, airlines, quarantine and isolation regulations all payments made to date must be covered by your holiday insurance taken out at the time of booking.
- If you or any member of your holiday party contract Covid/SARS or suffer/develop a health matter preventing travel or you have an imposed quarantine or self isolation period that extends over your UK departure date preventing travel, all payments made to date must be covered by your holiday insurance taken out at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the party leader to satisfy themselves that all party members have the correct Passports, Entry & Exit Certification and all Health related vaccination level/documents in place required for exit/return of the UK/EU and arrival in the Canary Islands.
Cancellations : –
If for any reason you need to cancel your villa booking, deposits and all other payments up to the date of cancellation are non-refundable, all monies paid to date will be forfeit in lieu of administration charges and re-advertising. The travel insurance taken out or in place at the time of booking must cover your individual circumstances. Our deferred payment terms are designed to minimise any potential losses for client disinclination to travel and the catastrophic events such as a global pandemic and any restrictions imposed.
Refunds : –
If your booked villa becomes uninhabitable prior to departure due to a severe maintenance or services issue preventing occupation, you will be offered an alternate villa from our portfolio. If this is unacceptable to you we will issue a refund of all monies paid up to the date of notification. Our refund is limited to your payments made to date, your insurance policy taken out at the time of booking must cover any additional and other incidental loses.
General : –
We do not rent to any young party travellers or young single sex party groups. Please note falsely declaring ages or party gender will result in you being refused entry or asked to vacate the villa.
Your right to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation should you behave in such a way as to invalidate the owner’s indemnity insurance. This would include, without limitation, the following:-
- More people in occupation than declared at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday.
- Overnight guests entertained without express permission.
- Occupation of the villa property during the dates of the villa booking must be exclusive to the persons registered for those date on the Guardia Civil Hotel passport system. No other visitors are allowed under any circumstances.
- Undeclared guests staying at the property or if you provide us with incorrect ages of infants (who must be under 2 at the date of return travel).
- Any activity being undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
- You are found to be smoking in a designated “No Smoking” property.
You must keep the property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the property in the same condition as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the property in a reasonable state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Beyond general breakages such as crockery and glassware you must report to the local management any other damage made during your holiday occupancy. We reserve the right to make a charge for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party or if you have contravened the no smoking status of a property.
Our local management shall be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
We have compiled the information on our website as accurately as possible. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside our control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility. We make every effort to ensure that the property details are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, if a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking. The Holidaymaker must accept minor differences between text/photograph/illustrations on the website and the actual property. We cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s view of standards.
All bookings are subject to these booking conditions. These booking conditions cover Canaries Travel Ltd and their role and responsibilities in respect of your booking, you are deemed to have accepted these booking conditions in full.
Complaints : –
In the event that issues arise with the property your first contact must be with the local management whose details are shown on your travel documentation and you will meet at the time of the booking in passport process required by the local authorities.
Complaints received at the end of the holiday will not be accepted. If you vacate the property before your departure date without notifying the local management, you deprive us the opportunity to attempt to rectify the problem. You will therefore forfeit your right to compensation.
If the problem was not resolved to your reasonable satisfaction during your holiday, you should put your comments in writing and provide these to us within 7 days of the end of your stay. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified by the email requested during your stay.
English law and jurisdiction : –
These booking conditions and all matters arising out of them are governed by English law. Where you wish to make a claim against us as a booking portal or have any dispute with us as a portal in relation to any service provided by us, we both agree this will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only.
Force Majeure : –
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation or expenses where the performance or prompt performance of our respective obligations under our respective contracts with you is prevented, or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any situation within the reasonable contemplation of us or the owner, which is beyond the control of us or the owner, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such situations may include, whether actual or threatened, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disaster, pandemic, exceptional adverse weather conditions, fire and all events of a similar nature.